Welcome to a special episode of the Medicubes Podcast hosted by Chris Smeed, Riwka Hagen and Kim Poyner.
This episode is a deep dive into the recent federal budget and its implications for General Practice.
Joining the team in the second half of this episode is Bruce Willett, the National Vice President of the RACGP.
About the Guest:
Bruce Willett is not just the National Vice President of RACGP, but also the Queensland RACGP chair and a practice owner of a large group practice south of Brisbane. His interests include medical education and practice quality improvement. With over a decade of experience as a medical educator and the supervisor liaison officer for GPTQ, Bruce firmly believes in the power of a supportive team in managing the challenges of GP work.
Join us in this episode as Bruce, Kim, Riwka and Chris shed light on the new opportunities and threats that the new government's budget brings to General Practice.
- Understanding the New Budget: The Medicubes team and Bruce give us an in-depth analysis of the new budget, clarifying the changes and how they will affect General Practice.
- Unanswered Questions: Despite the detailed announcement, there are still some uncertainties. Let’s unpack the potential implications of what we don't know yet.
- Impacts on Practice Managers: The new budget brings changes that directly affect Practice Managers. Listen in to understand what these are and how to navigate them.
- Future of General Practice: With a new government and new budget, the landscape of General Practice is shifting. Hear first hand insights on where General Practice is headed.
Links / References:
- For a detailed breakdown of the federal budget 2023-24: