In this episode of the Medicubes Podcast, hosts Chris Smeed, Riwka Hagen and Kim Poyner are joined by Dr Sean Stevens, co-owner of Grove Medical Victoria Park, to discuss the importance of building a positive culture in healthcare organisations.
Explore the insights and experiences that have shaped his views on the subject, as well as his tips for creating a workplace that fosters innovation and success.
- Human resources, time management, and self-care are essential areas for leadership development in healthcare
- Practice management is similar to the role of a CEO in terms of running an organisation with authority and accountability
- Successful practices depend on a clear division of roles and responsibilities between practice owners and managers
- A positive workplace culture is critical for staff retention, patient satisfaction, and business growth
- Emphasising values such as fun and innovation can help differentiate a practice from others in the field
- Effective communication and trust-building are necessary for creating a culture that promotes success
- A solid induction and touch-base process can improve the chances of new employees succeeding in their roles
Links & Resources:
- The Good GP Podcast: https://www.racgp.org.au/racgp-digital-events-calendar/online-event-items/podcast/the-good-gp
- AAPM: https://www.aapm.org.au/
- "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey: https://www.stephencovey.com/7habits/7habits.php
- "Crucial Conversations" by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler: https://www.crucialskills.com/products/crucial-conversations/